ALCO Floor Care- Finishes > New Special Effects
When your floor needs a special look, apply New Special Effects, recognized for safer chemistry by the U.S. EPA’s Safer Choice program. New Special Effects will help you achieve your “green cleaning” goals.
Coverage is 1,500-2,500 square feet per gallon!
AVAILABLE IN: 5 Gallon Pail
- FLOOR PREPARATION: For best results, floor should be stripped of all old finishes before applying NEW SPECIAL EFFECTS.
- Use floor stripper #0166 HYPER STRIP, #0168 MELTDOWN or #0169 BREAKAWAY in hot water for best results.
- Machine scrub with black stripping pad.
- Pick up old finish with wet vacuum.
- Immediately rinse floor with neutralizer and follow with 2 fresh water rinses.
- APPLICATION: Use only new wax mops (soaked in cold water) with clean buckets/wringers.
- Apply 4-5 coats (to unsealed floor) evenly using medium to thin coats.
- Allow floor to dry thoroughly, 30 minutes dry time between coats.
- In extremely humid weather conditions, it is recommended that a dry time of 2 hours or more be allowed to avoid tearing the finish.
- DUST MOP DAILY.
- DAMP MOP THE FLOOR – NEW SPECIAL EFFECTS can be damp mopped with a neutral cleaner such as #0185 MAGNIFICENT SEVEN or machine scrubbed with #0199 G-P CONCENTRATE or any of Alco’s quality disinfectants without harming the finish.
- SPRAY AND DR Y BUFFING – NEW SPECIAL EFFECTS can be buffed for removal of scuffs and traffic marks. For light soil areas, dry buffing is sufficient; for areas such as entrances and stairways, use #0191 BEYOND solution.
5 Gallon Pail